A specialized "dynamic" link (referred to as a "Document ID") can be copied and used to reference files stored in a SharePoint library, even if the file has been moved to another folder.
1. In a web browser, navigate to the desired SharePoint library and file location.
2. Hover your mouse over the file or folder you wish to link and click the circular check button to select it.
3. With the file selected, click the Details icon on the right side of the Library menu.
4. In the Details Pane, scrolls down to the Document ID, right click on the Document ID shown, and select Copy Link Address
5. Paste the copied link to the desired location.
Please sign in to leave a comment.