Microsoft Teams is a new all-in-one collaboration and communication platform. Each Team is comprised of Channels based on a client, project, or other area of opportunity. Files, conversations, and other connected apps relevant to the Channel topic can be found accessed quickly and easily in one place.
Accessing Files in a Teams Channel
1. In the Microsoft Teams app or Microsoft Teams Online, select Teams in the left navigation menu, then select the Team and channel that holds the files you're looking for.
2. Select the Files tab at the top of the window, next to the Channel name
3. Navigate to the appropriate folder and click on the file to open it directly in the Microsoft Teams window. Click Open in desktop app to open the file in the corresponding Office desktop application.
Note: Regardless of where you open the document, you will still be able to collaborate with other people in the file in real time. All documents stored in Microsoft Teams will save automatically.
Posting a Teams Channel Conversation
1. In the Microsoft Teams app or Microsoft Teams Online, select Teams in the left navigation menu, then select the Team and channel that you want to post in.
2. Select the Posts tab at the top of the window, next to the Channel name. This is the default tab and may be selected already.
3. Type your message in the chat input box at the bottom of the window. You can add additional flair to your message with the following features:
- Type the @ symbol, then a coworker's name to Tag them. They'll receive a direct notification to catch their attention to your message.
- Attach a file to a conversation by clicking on the paperclip icon.
- Add an Emoji, Gif, or Sticker to add some professional pizzaz to your post.
4. Press the enter key to post your message
Alternatively, you can respond to someone directly by selecting the Reply button at the bottom of any post.
Please sign in to leave a comment.