QuickBooks or the hosted desktop is frozen.
To determine whether the slowness or freezing is a result of QuickBooks or the hosted desktop, click on the Start menu to see how quickly the hosted desktop responds. If it responds slowly:
Is your network down? How do I know if your network is down?
You can always check the RN System Status page for information regarding connectivity and functionality on Right Networks.
If you are experiencing issues but our System Status page states that everything is fully operational, your issues may be caused by something else:
- Run Traceroute
- If everything is working correctly, please call Right Networks 24/7 Technical Support team at 888-417-4448 x2.
If the Start menu opens quickly, that means QuickBooks is the issue, rather than an issue with the hosted desktop. There are a few reasons QuickBooks may freeze or respond slowly.
- QuickBooks may be experiencing server issues.
- If QuickBooks is freezing after you tried to export a report to Excel, it may be an issue with Excel.
- Double-check to ensure you have Excel installed on your desktop
- If Excel is installed, log out of your Right Networks session, then back in. Launch Excel first and log in if necessary. Then, try running the report from QuickBooks again
- The QuickBooks application may just be frozen. Try cycling your session with the instructions below:
Right-click on the Start menu, then hover over 'Shut down or sign out,' then click ‘Sign out’ or simply double-click the ‘logoff’ button. Then, launch Right Networks again. Your application should now launch correctly.
If this does not work, please call Right Networks 24/7 Technical Support team at 888-417-4448 x2.